New Rules Apply from 1st October 2019
Boston Garage Equipment leads the way with its range of Class 4 and Class 7 roller brake testers which have received official DVSA approval for use as MOT Connected Equipment.
On 8th August 2019, the Garage Equipment Association (GEA) published an updated 'DVSA Acceptable Equipment' list on its website for Roller Brake Testers.
The document confirms the introduction of the new requirements in 2019 and lists the makes and models of all compliant equipment. Currently Boston is one of only two manufacturers with brake testers that meet MOT Connected Equipment requirements. Furthermore, out of the 16 models approved, 10 of them are Boston products.
The information provided by the GEA also clarifies the circumstances in which the new specifications will apply:
"From the 1st October 2019 it will be mandatory for new site applications and when replacing existing brake testers to use equipment from this list [Connected]"
Brake Testers: The New Specifications
The new specifications mean equipment can be linked directly to the online MOT Test system (MTS) via a secure Application Programming Interface (API). This enables equipment to seamlessly transmit test results to the MTS without any action from the tester.
Boston’s solution goes one step further by also monitoring its connection to the MTS. Any errors are notified to the user and failed uploads are automatically reattempted in the background until successfully received.
Brad Calcutt, Director, comments:
"We’re incredibly proud to be the one of the first manufacturers to receive official certification for Connected Equipment. As always, we’re committed to staying ahead of industry developments and future-proofing our products for our customers.
We’re just a couple of weeks away from receiving MOT Connected Equipment certification for our emissions equipment in addition to developing a new connected electronic headlamp aim tester and a connected decelerometer."
Benefits of Boston Brake Testers:
- Suitable for Class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5L and 7 testing, OPTL and ATL
- Continued investment in R&D ensures they remain the most advanced models available
- User-friendly SW900 control software with modern graphical User Interface ensures fast, simple testing
- SW900 software also controls Boston emissions testers - only one PC station required for both sets of equipment
- Remote online support for immediate assistance
- Four-wheel drive testing as standard
- Long range radio remote control (direct line of site not required)
- A choice of two stylish control stations with flat-screen monitors and ancillary equipment included (PC, mouse, keyboard and laser printer)
Contact us today!
Setting up a new MOT Station or looking to upgrade your current brake tester? Speak to one of our technical experts on 01708 525585 or contact us via our enquiry form.